In 1892 the farm was bought by the Thistlethwaite family. The farm is a 208 acre Century Farm. The original stable is where the winery tasting room is located today.
The Vineyard's 1st acre was planted in 2000. There are 5+ acres of grapes enclosed in high deer-proof fenced area of 8 acres. We grow 10 varieties of french hybrid grapes.
We opened our Tasting room in February 2008. We grow all of our own grapes to get the juice for wine making - that way we have complete control of the quality from the starting material.
Our tasting room walls, floor, and bar are made from cherry wood and the Vine Room is surrounded by Beech wood from the farm. The trees were turned into boards using a portable saw mill.
We are proud to be Greene County's first winery!